Provide our graduates with an educational, professional and fun experience that prepares them to enter the communications industry with a view to join Cognito London in a full-time role.
The programme is designed to equip graduates with a fundamental understanding of public relations, marketing, social media and creative design with a specialised focus on the financial services space.
The integrated nature of Cognito means that you will have the opportunity to showcase your abilities and learn new skills across the spectrum of communications practices. We balance graduates’ rotation through different activities by grounding each with their own client account. This ensures that all graduates experience the responsibilities of account ownership and the benefits of team camaraderie.
What sets Cognito’s graduate programme apart from those of other agencies is its “hands-on” structure. Graduates train with all levels of management and on a variety of work, from existing client projects to prospect pitches. And our open floor plan ensures that graduates fully experience the dynamic day-to-day buzz of a communications agency.
And for the record, everyone in our office makes the tea!
Duration: 3 month programme, running July – September 2017
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-5:30pm GMT
Remuneration: Graduate salary
The programme will start with an on-boarding week during which the graduates will get to know the Cognito team, learn the ropes of the office and set clear objectives for the three-month programme.
Each graduate will have a manager who will act as a point person, providing one-on-one guidance, overseeing the graduate’s work and development, and facilitating access to a range exciting clients and project. Graduates will also collaborate on a graduate team research project, applying the skills they have learned throughout the programme.
Example training curriculum:
- The Cognito Way – An introduction to our services, clients, industry and agency life with a focus on our company vision and values and approach to client management.
- Intro to the financial services landscape – Exploring the nuances of banking, asset management, capital markets, commodities, FinTech and more, with special attention to the hot topics and unique challenges of these sectors
- Cognito services training – So much to cover! Learn the principles and skillsets relating to our breadth of services: media relations, digital and social media, marketing, SEO, events, design, content and more. You will also learn the processes behind new business development, agency finance and project management.
- Tool training – Hands-on-training sessions covering our wealth of tools, ranging from PR databases and CRM systems to online listening analytics and social media community management platforms
- Skills development – get to grips with the day-to-day essentials of working in communications, from writing press releases and media briefing docs, to writing content for social media or prepping for events
- Out of the office – Kicking off with a walking tour of our stomping grounds in the City, the summer is filled with all sorts of events, conferences, and other off-site opportunities (dodgeball anyone?)
We encourage our graduates to join in on all on-site and off-site Cognito activities including lunch-and-learn sessions, educational seminars, team dinners, etc. A series of “101” training sessions will be run specifically for the graduates’ benefit.
Please note: For the London Graduate Programme, we can only accept applicants who have a UK or European Union passport.